The Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT/Tapping), is a method used to rapidly release negative emotions that can create faulty beliefs that feed into our addictions, keeping the self-destructive cycle going. It can be used as a self-help tool or can be used under the guidance of a Certified EFT Practitioner.
EFT is a very empowering technique with its roots in the ancient philosophy of the Chinese meridian energy systems. It has been compared to acupuncture except it uses tapping pressure (acupressure) instead of needles.
EFT heals our emotional issues by literally undoing the emotional trauma from our past.
The Current Research Shows:
Traditional talk psychotherapies can give you insights into what caused your emotional difficulties in the past and what new behaviors you would like to see in your future. However, you are left with only your will power to try to behave in these new healthier ways.
EFT uses elements of Cognitive Therapy and Exposure Therapy, and combines them with Acupressure, in the form of fingertip tapping on 12 acupuncture points. Over 100 papers published in peer-reviewed medical and psychology journals, including dozens of clinical trials, have demonstrated that EFT is effective for phobias, anxiety, depression, posttraumatic stress disorder, pain, and other problems. Research papers can be found at the EFTUniverse.com website.
EFT’s Limitations & Disclaimer
- Like any other stress-reduction method, EFT is not perfect. It is not a panacea, and it does not have a 100% success rate. But it usually works reliably well. Case histories listed on the EFTUniverse.com website shows that the results are often immediate, and last over time.
- EFT can often provide substantial relief with little or no emotional pain. This is not true for everyone, however. Psychological trauma can be intense and emotionally painful to deal with.
- If you have long-lasting or intense emotional or physical trauma it is essential that you consult your physician or licensed mental health practitioner before using EFT or any other stress-reduction method.
- EFT is not a substitute for medical or mental health treatment.
- Be advised that I am not a therapist, a psychologist, or a healthcare provider. I do not, nor does EFT diagnose or treat illnesses, disease, or psychological problems.
- Individuals seeking EFT as a resource for their own wellbeing need to take responsibility for their own health and wellness.
- EFT is not a replacement for consultations done with a medical doctor, a psychologist, or a psychiatrist.
- EFT is not intended to replace any medical advice given by a qualified medical provider. If you are taking medication for any condition while using EFT it is advisable that you let your doctor know so they can monitor your medication. Do not alter your medication dosage without consulting your doctor first.
- I offer my services as an EFT Practitioner, self-help educator, and a coach and are meant to be a complementary aid for improving your wellbeing.
Break The Emotional Bonds of Addiction
I understand how difficult it can be to get the help you need.
Download my free mini-course on how you can start your journey towards freedom from addiction.